Wednesday, March 07, 2007

5 things

Not too much new lately so I thought I'd post five of my recent favourite things, in no particular order.
1. The Amazing Race - Every time it starts up again I think it won't be as good as the last one, but once again I'm watching. I just find it so entertaining and I love to see all the places they travel to. I know a lot of people can't stand Rob and Amber but I think he is funny and that they are such good racers. He's just so clever! :)

2. The Glass Castle - by Jeannette Walls is the latest book I've read. A fascinating true story about an impoverished family. "The Glass Castle is truly astonishing -- a memoir permeated by the intense love of a peculiar, but loyal, family. Jeannette Walls has a story to tell, and tells it brilliantly, without an ounce of self-pity." It reminded me of Angela's Ashes, another story that I loved.

3. I love this paper - the Blush line from Basic Grey. I made this scrapbook page for Valentine's Day and it isn't quite done - it still needs photos of each of us but I just love the colours. I'm envisioning doing some heritage pages using this stuff. (click to see larger)





4. Photography - I think autumn is my favourite season and I just got these three photos developed 11x14 for our living room. I can't take credit for taking them but aren't they amazing? I love the colour.

5. Dr. Seuss - His books are just so fun to read. I've been buying them for Delaney since before she was born and we now have quite a collection. Our recent favourites are One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish and Oh the thinks you can think!


What's one of your favourite things? :)

1 comment:

Willows of the West said...

Amazing pictures.
Amazing Race...bye bye Rob and Amber. You hate to not like them but then it's hard to like them the way they play!

Still sad to see them go.